My diverse skills, breadth of experience, and tenacious work ethic are an asset to every project I work on. I am always on the lookout for exciting collaborations and meaningful film work, so if you’re interested in working with me in a professional capacity, please get in touch so we can discuss the compatibility of our schedules.
Whether your project is a narrative film, a series, a documentary, branded content, or something else entirely-- I would love to hear from you. I work regularly as a:
- DIRECTOR - My background as an actor, and my personal focus on character-driven cinema, means that I have a special gift for capturing captivating performances on film and telling a story through nuanced character beats. I excel at conjuring a distinct mood through subtle visual design, and collaborating with musicians of all stripes. In addition to directing my own work, I have also interpreted texts by other writers, and devised work from scratch through rehearsal and improvisation. I am a pragmatic auteur-- impassioned and creatively specific, but flexible and accommodating to the logistical challenges of every production.
- EDITOR - Having cut four strikingly different features and more than a half dozen shorts, I've developed a sharp sense of perception and an uncanny intuition. I have a knack for identifying the needs of a piece, understanding the arc, discovering how to shape it, and executing quickly and consistently.
- SOUND EDITOR/DESIGNER - I am a dexterous and efficient sound editor and designer, with experience creating original soundscapes and making inventive use of my robust sound bank.
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR/PRODUCTION MANAGER - The personal and prolific nature of my filmmaking practice has fostered in me a powerful impulse for self-discipline, independent organization, and taking initiative-- all essential skills for an assistant director or production manager. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than being able to use those skills to help other artists realize their aspirations.
- CINEMATOGRAPHER - In addition to shooting a lot of my own work, I also work regularly doing event videography and corporate videos. I'm used to working in challenging environments with limited tools, so I've learned to be especially resourceful and pragmatic as a cinematographer (with my own cinema camera kit).